The Secret of Top Salespeople – By Buddy Swisshelm
Use Their Name
- The sweetest sound to everyone is their own name.
- Decide to make a friend
- Learn how to remember their name
- The most important other person
- Make it personal
Ask Them To Tell Their Story
- The sale only moves forward when they are talking.
- You will always like and remember the person who listens to you.
- Be interested and curious about their success.
- Become amazed.
- Ask business advice.
- You can tell how they make decisions by listening to how they got to where they are.
- Be the person who believes in their dream.
Get A Tour
- I love to have them show me around.
- Let them tell about how they built their business.
- If new, let them show you where things are headed.
- Walk outside to see where the sign will go.
- If you can see where they want to go, you have a better idea of what they want.
Find Out Their Goals
- If you can gain rapport to the level where they will share their goals, you are selling this sign!
- Give them feedback on how our product will help them in their business goals. This is a reason you are there.
- If you know their goals, you know their hot spots. This will be very useful in the profit picture and close.
- Help them to think big!!!!
Find Common Ground
- If nothing else is working, find common ground.
- Look around.
- You must be sincere.
- Since gaining rapport is more important than building value, finding common ground should take more time than building value!
- Make a friend.
Commit to something… anything at all. If you can’t commit to something big then commit to something small… but commit.” ~Steve Ingemi